20 August 2018

David Parry's departure from the reactionary OCHSA

Comrades, I have been asked to share some of my reasons for recently resigning as a bishop with the Old Catholic Holy See of Antioch and, subsequently, preparing to transfer my clergy credential to the Liberal Catholic Church (LCC).

With hindsight, a far from easy decision, although if one sincerely believes that their are points of reference above ideology, a necessary step for me to have taken. Stated so, I have come to understand the Old Catholic Movement as "reactionary" - albeit in an extremely innocent and Romantic sense.

Indeed, while they reject clearly manipulative doctrines such as "Papal Infallibility," the Old Catholic aim is to return to an "idealised" Church as it "existed" before the 1850's: a manifestly nostalgic aim. However, the Liberal Catholic Church legally broke away from the Old Catholics some time ago to form a much more culturally active, socially progressive and, dare one say. deeply mystical body, with the sole purpose of raising humanity to ever-greater heights of consciousness - at the same time as discovering an innately perennial outlook, whereby each religion is seen as a stepping stone to increasingly expansive metaphysical truths.

Hence, as these issues clarified for me personally,(not to mention being unexpectedly caught between the various warring factions inside the Holy See), I felt the Angels were calling me to stand firm by an openly theosophical tradition seeking to unify humankind at the most fundamental level of our lives. Confessed thus, please pray for me.

No comments: